
Which book do I mean? None other than Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth, M.D. - but of course! It was recommended to me by several women from my ward. It really is the best. Davis was already a pretty easy baby, but he is even happier now that we're implementing Dr. Weissbluth's methods. It's awesome! He takes good naps during the day, and the past several nights he has gone to bed around 7pm and not woken up ONCE until about 6:30-7am. It's amazing! And one of the coolest parts is, I don't have to do hardly anything to get him to go down for naps or for bedtime. I spend just a few minutes with him, and then leave him to fall asleep on his own. No crying or fussing. I love it. If there ever is some fussing, it is minimal.
I kind of wish I had read the book BEFORE going to Texas to see the family. It would have helped with his fussiness so much if I had known how to keep him well rested. But all is well now.
Being well rested helps him to be mostly happy when he's awake. He is so much fun! ALL evening he has been just giggles. He is simply my favorite son so far. :) He brings so much brightness and joy to our little home.
It is 8:30 now and Davis has long since been tucked into his bed. Robert is gone to his business meeting with Paul & Trace, and I am left here to update my blog. Maybe I'll be updating a little more often now that Davis is taking some good naps and going to bed early.
Love you all (can't wait to see you Strouds soon!)
Love, the little Harper Family

No comments:
Post a Comment