Sunday, July 18, 2010

The family is coming! The family is coming!

We're getting ready to have the Stroud family come stay at our house for a little while. They're coming up for the birth of Bryan & Lauren Stroud's first little one! (Bryan's my bro & Lauren my sis-in-law). They're having a little girl & they are planning to name her Charlotte Ivy Stroud. (What a cute name! I hope I spelled it right). Davis and I went to her baby shower yesterday. Lauren is going to be such a cute mommy! :)

So we are just cleaning and working to fix up the house for their arrival. It's a little hard with Davis because if it were just me, I'd work on the house from sunup to sundown without many breaks. But I just can't do that without neglecting my little baby. So I have avoid the temptation to set him down and try to work all day long. I love him, but once I get started on a house-cleaning project, it's hard to stop me! So I play with him for a while every time I have to feed him or when he wakes up from a nap. It's good that he takes at least a couple of good naps every day so during those couple hours I can go to town without neglecting Davis. I do love him very much, though. I love playing with him and talking with him. He can be such a fun baby! I don't want this paragraph to scare anyone into thinking that I'm a neglectful mother! :)

Robert has done so much to help with the house. He's the best husband ever! :) He and a guy from the apartments finally put a countertop above the dishwasher. It's been exposed and in this weird wooden frame thing ever since we moved here. Well, now it's all covered in granite so it's going to serve as a counter/cutting board area! Pretty awesome. Robert also went to town filling all the holes in the house and painting the kitchen. (Thank you sweetie!!!)

Davis has been quite the fussy-pants just the past 4 days or so. I'm fairly certain that he's already teething... We'll see if a little tooth pops up soon! Maybe, maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Nobody would think you were a neglectful mom just because you want to clean your house! I'm glad that you guys are doing so well and I love reading your blog. It is nice seeing what to expect with Lexi in the next few months. Good luck with teething!

    ReplyDelete