Friday, June 4, 2010

Davis Alden Harper (up to this point)


Davis Alden Harper - 6 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in. - was born Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 12:10pm.

Davis' name came from a couple of sources. Robert & I found out that both of our maternal grandmothers' maiden names were Davis. We thought that was pretty crazy, so we decided to use the name for our baby. His middle name, Alden, is Robert's paternal grandfather's middle name.

Now, we need to get one thing straight... I LOVE my baby boy! And so does Robert. We are having so much fun with him - he's at the cutest age now of 3 months and we are just loving it! He is such a good, sweet baby. He's always so happy to see us. It's so fun to just look at him and have him beam back up at us. And he makes the cutest noises too! He will just talk and talk and coo and do all sorts of fun things. We love it.

Now, let's get another thing straight... it wasn't always this way (as all of you other parents will know). The first couple of months were pretty crazy. Davis didn't want to get his days/nights switched back to normal for a long time, and nights were just horrible. He just wanted to eat and eat and wouldn't go to sleep when you wanted him to. I know you're supposed to "sleep when the baby sleeps" so you can catch up during the day, but even when I was dead tired it was so hard for me to nap during the day. Every time I tried to lie down, all I could think of was what I could be getting done while the baby slept. So I tried to do that instead, although after three months my house STILL isn't clean!! haha. Things are much better now, however. Just last night Davis slept a whole 7 1/2 hours the first time I put him down!!! Miracle!!! But usually it's been about 5-6 hours before I get up to feed him. The trick is getting myself into bed and lights out right after I get Davis to sleep! Doesn't always happen...

Well, I think that pretty much sums up life with the baby up to this point. I'll probably think of more to add soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey! Davis is adorable! I stumbled across your blog on facebook. I'm excited to see more pics of your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is me. Right now. Without sleep. What's really annoying, is Madeline using me as a pacifier.

    Davis is adorable.

    ReplyDelete